It’s been 10 days since I began my Internship in this company, and 7 since I moved into a new home. And these days, daytime is bad and evenings are amazing. That’s because the workplace is completely opposite of what I had imagined. My guide is a good man but not so much a nice one. OK, I know I sound confusing as always, but he is so tense all the time and never satisfied with my work. Haven’t heard a word of appreciation, even though I have worked harder than I have in all the exams of last year put together. The fact is, the profile given to me is not what I had asked for. And it is a product none of us have ever used, and there is a very little probability we ever will. It is as commercial and semi-urban a product as any can be. And this is not where I am making my career anyway. Hearing me distraught, my chhota bhai had positive words too. He says “now you know which vehicles not to get into when you finally get placed”.
Anyway, my new home was as dirty as can be, when the four of us moved in, and what an operation it was last Saturday. A couple of friends joined us in the safai abhiyaan in Kripa nagar and we spent the whole evening and night cleaning up the place and the next day we had 4 buckets full of garbage and useless stuff. Of the many things I love about my new abode, the best is the kitchen, where I cook for my newfound family. Only day before, I made Aloo Curry, which wasn’t so bad. It was fun talking to mama over the phone and taking instructions in preparing good dishes. I think I am a decent cook, I am still learning though.
We’re planning a house-warming this weekend; I hope it does happen before I am kicked out in the field by my company.
Oh, I forgot to mention the Bharat Darshan plans the company has readied for me. I am supposed to travel to a couple of states in South India and Nagpur, which happen to be their biggest markets. The job is hardcore, grass root market research. When we used to think of research during the summer training, given what we had heard from our seniors, I thought it would not be a lot more than googling in an air conditioned office. Well the office is air conditioned but I don’t have ANY access to the internet, and I am not going to be in the office for long. So, for now, I don’t have anything nice to say about office. New house is small and cozy and beautiful. Living with my best friends is a great experience and I love to spend time at home now. All of us have unwritten but defined duties already. I, Puneet and Rajesh do all the cooking, Pushkar is the accountant and everybody does the logistics.
No comments:
Post a Comment